Create A FSA ID
A FSA ID serves as a legal signature to use when submitting the FAFSA. Both students and parents must create a FSA ID. Below are instructions on how to do so.
1. Go to FSA ID
2. Scroll down the webpage and complete the Create An FSA ID form.
3. Enter your E-mail and Create a Username and Password.
4. Select Continue.
5. Enter your SSN, DOB, and Name.
6. Select Continue.
7. If you had a previous PIN used to the complete the FAFSA in the past, it will ask you to link it now, if not continue on.
8. Now you will select and answer a series of challenge questions in order to retrieve your username and password if you forget.
9. Select Continue.
10. Scroll down and review your information to verify that everything is correct.
11. Review the terms & conditions.
12. Check the box certifying that you agree to the terms & conditions.
13. Select Continue.
14. Open a separate window in your browser.
15. Go to your email account that you have on file.
16. Access the secure code that was sent to you.
17. Copy the code from the email.
18. Go back to the FSA ID webpage and paste the code.
19. Select Continue.
20. You have successfully created a FSA ID!